What To Do In An Emergency
Here are some simple safety instructions to follow in case of an emergency.
If an appliance overheats or catches fire:
- Turn off the appliance at the wall
- Never throw water on it. Smother a pan fire, for example, by covering it with a lid.
- If someone suffers an electric shock, don’t touch them while they’re still in contact with the source of electricity.
- Turn off the power or disconnect the appliance.
the power can’t be turned off, use non-conductive material, such as a
piece of wood, to separate the victim from the power source.
- Dial 911 immediately.
- If breathing has stopped, administer CPR.
- If someone is burned, apple cold water to the burns. If the burns are severe, call for medical help.